Hyderabad is one of the Nawabi places of India. One of the city of palaces and royal places in India. I found it as one of the coolest tourist destinations with great food, old city architecture and the technology park equally.
Here is a short guide from my eyes.
How to go?
Hyderabad is well connected by roads, railways and air. Whatever suits your budget. Being a IT hub the city has got international airport as well.
Best time to visit?
Throughout the year.
What to see?
The list is long! Yes! Hyderabad is one of the coolest tourist city especially if you are travelling with your family. Some tourist places I would like to highlight are-
- Salar jung museum – One of the huge museums I’ve seen in India. It is one of the three national museums of India.
- Chowmahalla Palace – It is the palace of Nizams of Hyderabad. Visit if you are interested in all the Nizam architecture.
- Charminar – It is a structure in the heart of the old city. Literal translation means “Four Pillars”. Surrounded by old city market it is the face of the city.
- Sudha Cars museum – This is one of the interesting places I’ve visited so far. Owned by Mr. K. Sudhakar who is also a Guinness world record holder. The museum consists of handmade cars of different shapes and sizes. Check here for the website.
- Golconda fort – A typical Nizam fort but a nice place to visit. In the evening they have light show which makes it even more beautiful.
- Ramoji film city – Please spare a complete day for this. This is actually a tour of film city and some are for entertainment. If you are lucky you may get to see some film shooting too. Fun place.
- Snow world – One of the good and clean place. Experience snow and making snowman here! You will be provided with jackets and gumboots too. Of course the snow is artificial okay.
- Hussain sagar lake – Big lake in the centre of the city which hosts a big Buddha statue in it. Lake is surrounded by parks and street food stalls. If you have free evening time don’t miss out a stroll out here.
- Birla temple – Classic Birla temple built in marble. You can visit this place if you have not visited any Birla temple before.
So long list! Anything missed out?
Yes! Yes! Yes! This is a city of Nawabs so you cannot, I repeat you CANNOT miss out on eating Hyderabadi Biryani.
Also the city is famous for pearls. So don’t forget some pearls and precious stones shopping here.